Dear Mustang Families,
It’s with great anticipation and excitement that I welcome you to the 2023-2024 school year! Our first day of school is Tuesday, August 15th. We are eagerly looking forward to meeting our new Mustangs, and reconnecting with our returning students. This is going to be a great year filled with endless opportunities for learning and fun school experiences. I hope this letter will provide you with essential information needed to start our school year. I will continue to keep our Monroe community updated with our “Weekly News” sent out via Parent Square throughout the year. The Monroe Office can be reached by phone at 559-585-3745 and is open to the public Monday- Friday, 7:30 am -4:30 pm, beginning Monday, August 7th.
As we begin this new year, I would like to introduce you to a few new faces you will see on campus:
• Amy Leslie, Transitional Kindergarten Teacher
• Bethany Hanke, Kindergarten Teacher
• Janna Hall, HESD 4th Grade Music Teacher
• Adrian Jones, School Psychologist
• Judith Nunez- Lara, Bilingual Clerk Typist
• Leah Blanco, Paraprofessional
2023-2024 Daily Instructional Schedule
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
• Grades TK-K 8:00-2:07
• Grades 1st, 2nd and 3rd 8:00-2:27
• Grades 4th, 5th and 6th 8:00-2:47
Wednesday (Minimum Day)
• Grades TK-K 8:00-12:00
• Grades 1st, 2nd and 3rd 8:00-12:10
• Grades 4th, 5th and 6th 8:00-12:20
• School gate opens at 7:15 am
• Monroe office opens at 7:30 am
• All students can be dropped off at the front of the school, near the Monroe office.
o Please use the designated drive-thru to drop off your student(s). If you chose to use the drive-thru, parents must remain in vehicle and students are encouraged to exit from the right side of the vehicle for safety purposes.
o Parents that wish to walk their child up to the front of the school will need to park in the parking lot and use the cross walk when approaching the school.
End of the Day Dismissal/Pick-Up
• Please arrange for your child to be picked up at their designated dismissal time.
• All students can be picked up at the front of the school, near the Monroe office.
o Please use the designated drive-thru to pick-up your student(s). If you chose to use the drive-thru, parents must remain in vehicle and students are encouraged to enter their vehicle from right side of the vehicle for safety purposes.
o Parents that wish to pick-up their child at the school gate will need to park in the parking lot and use the cross walk when approaching the school.
• Bus Transportation will be provided beginning the 1st day of school
o Bus routes and times will be sent out via Parent Square, as well posted on the outside of the Monroe office. Copies will also be available inside the Monroe office.
o If you have any questions regarding drop-off, pick-up or bus transportation, please call our school office.
Classroom & READY Rosters
• Class rosters will be posted at 4:00 pm on Friday, August 11th on the Monroe office windows.
• READY rosters will also be posted on the Monroe office windows at 4:00 pm on Friday, August 11th. All questions concerning READY rosters need to be directed to the District READY department at 559-585-3629.
Breakfast and Lunch
• Breakfast and lunch will be served on campus daily.
• Student meals are free for ALL students. Please send milk money with your child if they are cold lunch and want to purchase a milk (cost is $.30 each). Milk remains FREE for students who are hot lunch.
• Breakfast is served daily between 7:20am -7:50 am. Students need to be present prior to 7:50 am to enjoy a breakfast.
• Students that prefer to bring a cold lunch to school may do so. Additionally, students may bring a snack to eat during their morning recess.
• Students are not allowed to share food items with peers. Please do not send large portions, intended for sharing with others.
• Our school provides all our students with needed materials such as notebooks, pencils, etc. We do ask that your child comes to school with a backpack. If you are needing assistance with getting your child a backpack, please give the Monroe office a call.
Dress and Grooming
• Please see information below.
TK , Kindergarten and Special Day Class Meet and Greet
• On Monday, August 14th, from 3:00-4:00 pm, we will be holding a meet and greet event for all our TK, Kindergarten and Special Day Class students. Parents/guardians and students will be able to meet their TK, Kindergarten or Special Day Class teacher and walk through their classroom.
Parent Square System
• All school communication will happen through our communication program, Parent Square. All parents of actively enrolled students are automatically enrolled in the Parent Square system. If you should update your phone number, please notify the school office, so we can ensure that you will receive Parent Square messages.
To maintain a safe and efficient first day of school, only parents/guardians of our TK, Kindergarten and Special Day Class students will be able to walk onto campus and assist their child to their classroom line. We are limiting this to 2 individuals (maximum) per child. Additional staff will be present on campus to assist our 1st-6th grade students to their classroom line.
If you have any questions regarding any information provided in this letter, please give our Monroe office a call at 559-585-3745.
Monroe Elementary School